Saturday, August 3, 2013

Good{will outlet} Friday #49 ~ Aztec Print

Aztec patterns are popping up on just about everything for fall.



I love the design because its simple, global, and reminds me of the clothing my parents wore in the 1980's. I can only assume from their photos that they also really liked Aztec patterns (and fanny packs, and turtleneck sweaters, and wearing really high socks with jogging shorts).
I found this very old Aztec printed maxi skirt (actually a table cloth) at Goodwill Outlet Center along with the shirt, purse and accessories.  The entire outfit cost less than five dollars.
When I found the table cloth a few weeks ago, I had big plans to cut it up and sew myself a fabulous new skirt.  That never happened.  What did happen was a couple of safety pins and a last minute trip to the beach.    Using safety pins to make a skirt seems ridiculously easy, but I've never thought of trying it before.  I'm happy to report that it worked really well - and now, I could still use it as a table cloth if I want to someday.
All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

table cloth (skirt), no brand
shirt, SO
leather purse, The Limited
necklace, (from Post # 19) no brand
bracelets, no brand

No comments:

Post a Comment