Saturday, July 20, 2013

Good{will outlet} Friday #48 ~ Inspired by Sabo Skirt

I adore mint and lace, so when I found this gorgeous dress online at Sabo Skirt, I knew it must be mine.


Sadly, it is no longer available. Thankfully, I have the Goodwill Outlet Center.   I found a silky mint colored vintage blouse and a lacy cream tank in the blue bins to create my own version of the dress - for less than five dollars!

I wasn't so fond of the dresses' plunging neckline or lack of straps, so I don't mind wearing an old school tank top.  Notice how the model is slouching?  I'm pretty sure that if she stood up straight, you could see all her business.  This lace tank top happens to be very old school: possibly from the mid 1990's.
This skirt was originally a big, boxy button up blouse with long puffy sleeves and shoulder pads.  I sewed up the pleated front and sliced off the shoulders and sleeves, then used fabric from the sleeves to make a high waistband.  Old shirts like this are a regular find at the Outlet Center, and are fantastic for quick projects like this skirt.
The shoes are from a previous post and the necklace was made with safety pins and black beads collected from the Outlet Center as well (tutorial here).
All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

lace top, vintage - no brand
mint skirt, made from a vintage blouse - no brand
shoes, (from Post #20 ) Fioni
necklace, made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment