Friday, October 12, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #31 ~ Inspired by Free People's Blog

I was reading through Free People's blog a few nights ago when Patrick suddenly leaned over my shoulder to see the computer.




"Where was that picture taken?" he asks.  I shrug.  He leans in closer.

"Isn't that you?" he points to this image (the model's face wasn't on screen at the moment).

"No," I laugh, "This is someone else's blog.  That isn't me, but I'm flattered.  See?"  I say while scrolling up to reveal her face and blonde hair.

"Ohhhh..." he sits back, "That looks like your clothes.  I'm pretty sure you have worn that exact outfit before," he murmurs.

And so I probably have.
In this roundabout way, he picked today's outfit (and took the pictures,too), which just happens to be entirely from Goodwill Outlet Center.
In my opinion, a white lacy frock is the casual equivalent of the little black dress.  
A simple white sundress has the power to make any girl feel sweet and feminine the moment she puts it on.  Its a flattering look on every body type and beautiful on ladies of every age; from toddlers to Grandmas.  White looks lovely on all skin tones (even the palest skin seems to glow next to white) and the sundress can be dressed up or down for most occasions and layered for every season.  Through the spring and summer, I wore this dress all the time with sandals and sunglasses.  As the temperature dropped  I just kept on wearing it over leggings and underneath long sweaters (a very easy find at the Outlet Center).  I traded sunglasses for thick socks and boots, but its still very cute.  The leather boots are from a spring Good{will outlet} post and the lion necklace was made for the Big Drop NYC post.  

I especially love this cute little leather backpack. I'm almost positive I wore one just like this in middle school.  It also makes me think of the movie 10 Things I Hate About You.  Remember that one?
"There's a difference between like and love: I like my Sketchers. But I love my Prada backpack."

All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:
sundress,  J.Crew
sweater, Isaac Mizrahi
lion necklace, made by me
leggings, Forever 21
long socks, Mossimo
leather boots, Mossimo
backpack, Liz Claiborne

No comments:

Post a Comment