Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eye Bombing

Kokokokids.ru, an adorable Russian blog, recently posted about 'Eye Bombing,' or attaching googly eyes to random things to create silly faces.


The author calls this a "Little hooligan idea how to brighten up the gloomy autumn weekdays."  I can't tell you how many times I've come across some random item and thought, "That almost looks like a face."  Picture yourself strolling along downtown and catching a glimpse of a happy doorknob face.  Wouldn't you feel the need to smile back?  All you'll require to create this friendly street art is a little imagination and a bag of googly eyes.  Here are a few examples of our Eye Bombing adventure:




If wandering around outside like a weirdo with a hand full of googly eyes isn't your cup of tea, then set your sights on indoor projects like my friend Justin.

He's been attaching comically large eyeballs to images from books and magazines since long before I discovered the term Eye Bombing.  Look for magazine pictures, family photos, or whatever you have around.



<-- one of Justin's googly eye artworks







 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I bought googly eyes that already have a sticky back. They aren't super sticky, but all of mine stayed in place and didn't damage the items I stuck them to.

      Delete
    2. I either found them at Hobby Lobby or the Dollar Tree.

      Delete