Friday, July 20, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #21 ~ Inspired by Forever21

So let's talk about rompers for adults: are you for or against them?


Whenever I see a grown woman strutting down the street in a one piece romper outfit, I just want to stare at her.  I don't know, maybe I'm just getting too old to appreciate this look (kind of like the revival of belly shirts: rest assured that you won't ever have to see my pasty white muffin top; that ship has sailed). To me, it seems just as silly looking as a grown man lounging around in one piece footy pajamas.  My mom dressed me in little rompers when I was a toddler, but  I moved on to separate tops and bottoms as soon as I had the motor skills to dress myself.   As of right now, I'm not ready to let them back into my life.  But for all the romper-lovers out there, here's an outfit for you.  This summery outfit from Forever21 was today's inspiration.  The complete ensemble, including both bracelets and purse, was purchased entirely from Goodwill Outlet Center for less than five dollars.



The navy blue floral pattern caught my eye, and I thought I had just found myself a cute new sundress.  Even though it turned out to be a romper, I still brought it home with me to Frankenstein into something else.  I'm assuming this thing came straight out of the 1990's - probably right off the set of 90210.  Surprisingly, its clean and un-faded with no spots or tears.  My grand plan is to snip out the crotch area and turn it into a regular dress, with a layer of cream colored lace peeking out from underneath the hem.  Won't that be adorable?  Since I've yet to find time for that project, I decided to wear the romper as is, just for these pictures. I wanted you to see what miraculous things hide in those blue bins.  You're welcome.  The trendy leather purse and gold toned bangles (also from the Outlet Center, of course) have been in my closet for months.  Look how similar my bracelets are to the model's. Crazy. Well, that's it for today.  Now its your turn to find something amazing and share it with me.

All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

romper, Vintage Blue
purse, Frye
bracelets, no brand















No comments:

Post a Comment