Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sweet Snack Sunday ~Lucky Rice Crispy Bites

I'm posting this a day early in honor of St. Patrick's Day.





I'm lucky enough to know a Patrick, so this holiday is a pretty big deal:   an anxiously anticipated week-long event.  Everything we do or eat will be gold, green or rainbow, and this week's sweet snack is no exception.
I found the rice crispy treat recipe right on the side the box, imagine that!  If it isn't on your box, it can also be found on the Kellogg's website.  This is the first time I've ever made rice crispy treats, and its very easy.  After spreading the mix out into a 9" x 13" pan, I let it cool in the fridge.

While the treats cooled, I opened a box of Lucky Charms and collected the marshmallows in a bowl.  The hats, rainbows and horseshoes are the best looking shapes, so I focused on searching out those.  I'm not sure whats going on with the shooting star marshmallows, they aren't very cute at all, and the pot of gold looks kind of like a yellow hour glass.



For the green chocolate, I used a bag of Wilton Candy Melts (already green) from Jo-ann's Fabric.  I filled a fondue pot with water then rested a metal bowl inside the rim.  I melted the chocolate disks in the bowl, dipped the rice crispy bars in halfway, and added a marshmallow shape to the corner.  After about thirty minutes of cooling, they were ready to eat!




The recipe made forty-two mini bars.  Three lucky bars each day should be enough for Patrick's lunch, so I shared the rest of them with my friends after their morning trip to the bar along with a bowl of Lucky Charms.

Erin go Bragh!



No comments:

Post a Comment